Taxiarches of Apozari
The church is located on Christopoulou Street, on the north side of the city, in the Apozari district. It belongs to the parish of Agios Loukas after the last rearrangement of parishes in the last century. It is a three-aisled basilica with a narthex and a raised women’s section. Externally the church, like most of the post-Byzantine churches of Kastoria, is not of particular architectural interest, and is built with common stonework, without decorative elements.
The church was founded in 1622. Unfortunately, a very small part of the frescoes of this period has survived. On the east wall, parts of the representations survive, of which the following can be distinguished: the vision of St. Peter of Alexandria and full-length figures of high priests, of which only that of St. Andrew the Judge is recognizable.