Municipality of Kastoria
Privacy & Personal Data Protection Policy
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) came into effect on Friday 25 May 2018.
In this context, our Municipality has harmonized its Data Protection Policy based on the applicable framework and collects and processes indicative data such as name, surname, patronymic, gender, VAT number, Police Identity Card number, date and place of birth, e-mail, telephone etc. for purposes of exercising its powers. Specifically, your personal data is processed:
To inform you about services, events and activities of the Municipality following your consent (item a, par. 1, article 6, GDPR),
- For your service and the processing of the services offered by our Municipality and for the lawful execution of the contracts between us (item b, par. 1, article 6, GDPR),
- For our compliance with our legal obligations (item c, par. 1, article 6, GDPR),
- For the fulfillment of our duties in the public interest and/or regarding the provision of services within the framework of public operation and/or from other rights deriving from the applicable legislation as a public authority (item e, par. 1, article 6, GDPR),
- To serve our legitimate interests such as the protection of persons and goods (item f, par. 1, article 6, GDPR).
- To protect the vital interests of persons who are physically or legally incapable of giving their consent (item c, par. 2, article 9, GDPR).
- For the provision of social welfare services through the municipal structures and social services of the Municipality (item h, par. 2, article 9, GDPR).
The address of our website is: https://www.discoverkastoria.gr
This one belongs to the Municipality of Kastoria, Skaperdeio Municipal Building of Kastoria, P.K.: 52100, and is hosted on infrastructure (web hosting) of SYZEXIS.
Personal information collected by the website
When the user visits the website of the Ministry and as long as he interacts with it, or makes use of the document issuing services, certain information is likely to be collected, such as:
- Guest IP address
- Guest Browser Technical Identity
- Data entered in contact forms
It is pointed out that we keep your personal data for as long as is necessary in order to respond and fulfill our above-mentioned purposes. In principle, these data will be kept throughout the relationship between us for any reason. Therefore, after this, we delete them. Only exceptionally will we continue to process personal data, after the end of this, specifically:
- For statistical purposes
- Information that is necessary in order to respond to our statutory obligations
- Data necessary for the exercise of our legal claims
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
The recipient of your personal data is the Municipality itself. Your personal data on a case-by-case basis may also be made available to other competent services within or outside the organization that are involved in processing your request based on legislation, judicial or regulatory decision. In addition, the Municipality uses third-party service providers and partners who act on its behalf (executing the processing) for the processing purposes mentioned above for the processing of personal data.
The processors process your personal data in accordance with the instructions they receive from the Municipality and fully comply with this Personal Data Protection update, the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the applicable legislation.
For the proper functioning of our websites and to ensure the best experience for visitors, we use very small information text files (cookies) which are used by browsers and allow the user’s preferences to be recognized.
Content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as it would if the user were visiting that website directly.
Traffic analysis services
We use traffic analysis services on our website, which record and store data about your visits in accordance with the applicable personal data protection terms they publish. We do not use these services to identify you in a unique way, but only to have a general data display regarding the degree and rate of visits of all visitors to our website.
Traffic Analysis Services are third party data processors who maintain respective privacy policies in order to comply with the requirements of European legislation. For more information on the respective Traffic Analysis Services we use, you can contact us so that we can refer you to the relevant policies.
Your data is protected by security systems that maintain strong mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access.
The website is monitored on a 24-hour basis by an intrusion prevention system while qualified personnel – certified in system security – take care of the protection of your data in order to prevent threats, inform the authorities and inform you in case of any breach.
Automated decision making and/or visitor profiling
To protect our website, multiple security measures are used which make automated decisions about the nature of each visit in order to safeguard the programming code and the integrity of our database. These systems may not allow you to access our website.
In case something like this happens, you can contact us so that we can advise on the matter and remove the block.
Rights of Personal Data Subjects
According to the personal data legislation you have the following rights:
1. Right of Access
Right to be informed about the processing of your Data by our operator, right to access the Data and the information related to its processing, as well as the right to receive a copy of the Data. We reserve the right to refuse the satisfaction of this right, in accordance with the provisions of national legislation.
2. Right to Correction
Right to request the correction or completion of your Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to Erasure
Right to request erasure of your Data. We will satisfy this right: a) If the Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- b) If you exercise the right to object (see below).
- c) If the Data was processed contrary to the applicable legal provisions.
- d) If the Data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation. We reserve the right to refuse the satisfaction of this right, if the processing of the Data is necessary for the fulfillment of our legal obligation, for the fulfillment of a duty performed in the public interest, for statistical purposes or for the establishment, exercise, support of our legal claims.
4. Right to restriction of processing
Right to mark the Data, with the aim of restricting its processing. This right is satisfied:
- a) When you question the accuracy of the Data, for the time required for us to verify it.
- b) when the processing is contrary to the applicable legal provisions and you request, instead of deletion, the restriction of the use of the Data.
- c) when you exercise the right to object (see below), until we have verified whether the legitimate reasons for the processing override your interests, rights and freedoms.
5. Right to Portability
Right to receive the Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as to request its transmission both to you and to another person, who will carry out its processing.
6. Right to Object
You have the right to object:
- a) In the processing of the Data carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of third parties. We reserve the right not to fulfill this right if there are compelling and legitimate reasons that override your interests, rights and freedoms or if this processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of our legal claims.
- b) In the processing of Data carried out for commercial promotion purposes.
- c) In the processing of Data for statistical purposes.
We reserve the right not to comply with this right if the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
7. Right to non-automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You have the right to object when a decision concerning you is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and that decision produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
In case of exercising one of the above rights, we will immediately take all possible action to satisfy your request, within a reasonable period and in any case no later than within one (1) month from the identification of your submitted request, informing you in writing of the full or partial satisfaction of your request, or the reasons that prevent the exercise of the relevant right.
At the same time, for any complaint regarding this policy or personal data protection issues, you can contact the Greek Personal Data Protection Authority via the following link: www.dpa.gr