Agios Stylianos is a small church, which was built around 1200. The small extension to the west is of later date, while the building of the narthex belongs to a third historical phase. The style of the paintings that have survived on the south and east walls helps to determine the date of the construction of the monument.
Originally the church must have been dedicated to St. George, if the features of the Saint’s physiognomy are correctly interpreted, which are depicted on the south wall, in the position usually occupied by the protector saint. The decoration that has been preserved connects the monument with the most important period of Kastoria.