The church was created before 1656, when – according to inscriptions – the first paintings of its interior parts were made. The building has undergone major interventions that have changed its original shape. The 1960’s land reclamation frenzy succeeded in obliterating the south and west walls of the monument. The church, which was once a single room, now looks of irregular shape after the arbitrary interventions it received. According to the inscription on the entrance, the church was decorated in 1593.
Frescoes survive only on the north and east walls. On the exterior of the north wall of the monument is a representation of the second coming, painted in 1656. In addition, the icons of the Panagia of Platytera, Agios Nikolaos and Agios Theodoros Stratilatis can be seen.