The church of Agios Loukas is a timber-roofed, oblong one-room basilica, with a women’s section in the western part, where in earlier monuments there is a narthex. To the east it ends in a semi-hexagonal niche. According to the inscription on the outside above the entrance to the church (engraved on a marble slab), the church was built in 1840 on the ruins of an older church of the same name. The internal and external incisions, which served to study the monument, revealed remains of masonry that may have come from an earlier building. By studying the sources that exist, we conclude that there was indeed an older church.
In 1823, on the eve of March 25th, a procession was held at the church of Agios Loukas on the occasion of the descent of Skodran Pasha, who with his army made several disasters in the city. The procession was organized by those initiated in the Filiki Eteria (Society of Friends, secret revolutionary organization). The event provoked the wrath of the Pasha, who in turn destroyed the monument. The church of Agios Loukas used to be the seat of a parish, which is why even today the parish is referred to by this name. A gospel dedicated to the church, dated 1663, and a chalice dated 1743 have also been preserved.