Church built on the slope of the hill of Panagia Faneromeni. The first construction dates back to Byzantine times, from which period only the arch of the sanctuary has survived. This arch has several similarities with the arch of the sanctuary of Agios Georgios of Politia in the construction details and the way the exterior surface is decorated. The rest of the structure, a single-aisled basilica with a raised women’s gallery in harmony with the slope of the ground, dates back to the Turkish period (18th century).
The exact date of the monument’s renovation is indicated by the inscription above the entrance of the church, when we descend the small staircase. The building was renovated in 1701, while the frescoes were added in 1727. The expenses of the reconstruction were borne by Ralis Mouselimis, and the decoration was contributed by lords and commissioners.