- People with disabilities
It is located in the Apozari area of Kastoria. It was built in 1754, as it is written on an inscription on a relief on a corner stone in the south-west corner. The first owner was Lord Moralis, while later it came into the ownership of Lord P. Tsiatsiapa and benefactor. According to tradition, in the large garden of the mansion, entertainments and dances were held, which lasted for weeks to the accompaniment of musical instruments.
This is the only surviving three-storey mansion with a rectangular floor plan and a pronounced horizontal axis. According to the typological classification of N. Moutsopoulos, it is classified in the earliest type A’, with representative examples in Kastoria the mansions of Emmanuel, of Sapountzis and of Aivazis. The layout and the use of the rooms of the house follows the patterns of the 18th century Macedonian mansions with an alternation of closed and open spaces for rest and sleep, eating, reception and entertainment that served all the needs of the inhabitants. On the second floor, rich decoration is preserved, both on the walls and on the wooden structures and doors, dating back to 1798. The painting is part of the secular painting of the period, combining elements from the long and rich local tradition, western European “baroque” and “rococo” art and oriental art. After the completion of restoration and conservation works in 2013, it became a monument open to visitors and hosts a variety of communication, educational and recreational activities.