Monastery of Agioi Anargyroi
- People with disabilities
A short distance from the village of Melissotopos and in a beautiful and verdant location is the monastery of Agioi Anargyroi. The Monastery of Agioi Anargyroi of Kastoria was founded in 1080 during the Komnenoi dynasty. Even before that, however, there was the miraculous holy source of the Virgin Mary in this place, where, according to oral tradition, the wounded Alexios Komnenos was healed during the Norman invasions. From historical sources available to us, we can see that the monastery reached its greatest prosperity during the 18th century. At that time, the people of Kastoria showed great interest in its reconstruction, dedicating pieces of land and sums of money.
The church of Agioi Anargyroi was erected in 1857 on the foundations of an older church, most of whose icons survive to this day. Unfortunately, the building of the old holy source of Zoodochos Pigi is not preserved.